Tuesday, June 28, 2005

feeling angry

I don't know...I don't know why I bother, putting my feelings into words right now is even frustrating. Because I have a year before I begin my Phd program and because my husband really needs to go from full time work to part time work, I need to find a full time job. Now, this normally isn't a super difficult thing to do, but for the past few months it has been.

I've applied for two teaching positions and was rejected from both. I've applied for numerous jobs as a secretary and I've been told I'm not qualified. I've got about 5-6 applications out now, and haven't heard anything just yet. I do work now, but its part time with no benefits. Because of our $ situation the past few months, we really need for me to work full time, but its so frustrating because it just doesnt seem to be happening. I've got a part-time/short class that ends in three weeks and then I have about one month before my fall classes would start again, so I'm hoping that during that time period I'll be able to find something.

I am thankful for the fact that DH has been so supportive of me while I was in school and not complaining about me working part time in order to get more teaching experience, because lets face it- being an adjucnt is NOT a way to make a decent living. Now, I want to pick up the slack and I also want to help earn more so that our move is smoother.

I'm just worried.

No comments: