Sunday, July 31, 2005

blogging grounds me

Its been so long since my last post that I don’t even know where to start. So much stuff has changed and I’ve also felt so many needs to blog during the past week, but because of my new work and the fact that I’m in front of a pc for like 8 hours a day, I don’t feel much like being in front of the pc in the evening. So, because there is so much, I’m just gonna try to list things to get them out of my head and in the blog so I don’t forget which direction I’m trying to take here:

New job: I am very happy to say that I am now working full time with benefits! No complaints. Looking back at my other posts, I have NO reason to complain. Nada.
Directions: I’ve got a lot of things that I want to blog about. I’ve been thinking about gender and power (language). I’ve been thinking about identities and how we construct our identity through names. I’ve also been thinking about how I might use a blog in my classroom. Well, technically I’ve not been thinking about that, but I am now.
Staying focused: whether it be through blogging or yoga or whatever, I’ve got to find ways to keep myself grounded. To help control my mind better. I’ve been suffering a great deal with anxiety and stress (mostly self-imposed) but I have come to a point where I totally know that I need to find a way to stay in control of all the flux and craziness that goes on in my head.
One day at a time: Its amazing how much validty there is to this old saying. When I start to get really overwhelmed I try to think of it like this and it does help. Really.
Focus: New work. Money. Study. Writing. Reading. Blogging. Preparing for my CNY move. 1 year to go.

No comments: