Wednesday, July 20, 2005

thinking about my thinking

Ilnizzzah's Blog-o-sphere

I have done something I don't usually do. I read over previous blog postings (not all of them, but a few) and I think that I'm coming to some new answers for myself.

I wrote this on 7.15:
but i feel like i'm standing at a crossroads now, trying so hard to decide what i want to do next and the truth is, at this point i don't know. what i thought for so long, what i thought i wanted i'm uncertain. as i look at new opportunities and prospects that have been presenting themselves, i'm not quite as certain i *know* anymore.

Well, now that I think about it and process a bit more, I'm not sure that is true. I still know what I want, still know what I'm working for. The problem is that I get caught up in short term vs. long term goals. I also read when I wrote
because i want to start living my life for myself, and not for other people. because so much of my life has been doing what other people think is right or appropriate,

Now, while this is true, very true, what I also need to realize is that there are folks out there who have been doing this thing called living for far longer than I have existed. So, lots of time there advice is based on experiences that I have yet to have, which gives them far greater reach and potential to make decisions or to see things that I can't.

I'm thinking now. I'm thinking that it might not be quite as complicated as I thought it was yesterday.

No comments: