Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Everybody wants to rule the world...

I can't believe its 2006. This is the year of the Cucumber, ready or not she will be here in four short months. Its like I knew all along that in one way or another she'd have to come out, but now I'm nervous and not ready! I'm just at a point now, (week 23) where my energy has picked up, I feel pretty good and I'm getting used to my new body. My favorite part of the day is when I lay down on the sofa and she kicks and kicks and kicks and kicks until I get up and walk around. This kid likes movement, already so much like her mama.
We had a quiet holiday and it was nice. Christmas was good, New Year's o.k. with H's mom in the hospital we spent the later part of the holiday break we spent much of our time looking after her. She is home and recoperating now.
Over the break I spent some time watching TV and listening to music, no shocker there I'm sure, but I listened to some oldies and I'm amazed at the memories that came back to me, of course because I'm suffering from pregnancy brain I can't remember all of the songs, but here are a few:

Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs Because the Night

Tears for Fears Everybody Wants to Rule the World

George Michaels Careless Whispers

There is much to say about these three songs, but for now I must be happy that I've at least listed these here so hopefully I won't forget to come back and talk about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kicks you till you move?

the baby sounds more like your subconcious... you should take that metaphor and place it on other things in your life :)