Wednesday, February 1, 2006

28 Weeks

I am entering into my 7th month of pregnancy.

Pregnancy. Month 7.

7 months, 2 more to go.

28 Weeks.

28 out of 40.

No matter how I say it, I can't believe it. My stomach is round and taught. What used to be my belly button is now a puckered navel. I have my dark birth line dividing my belly. I actually think my posture has improved, because of the weight of my stomach and breasts, I try to walk upright more. My hair has gotten longer, the hormones have blessed me with this. The rest of me hasn't changed that much, though its hard to see my feet and legs sometimes. I like how I look.

I'm utterly amazed at what my body has been able to do. And I didn't have anything to do with it. Jokes on me. I have no control over how much I would grow, when the baby moves, how I move, how often I have to go to the bathroom, or how often I can't go. I had not an ounce of control over any of these matters and yet everything still happens.

The baby now moves and shifts from side to side and I can feel arms and legs poke me in various places. In yoga class, there are certain positions she doesn't like (and I can't blame her). Downward facing dog gives me heartburn, but she seems to be comfortable with it. Any pose that requires me to sit or lay down still is not a favorite for her, she moves and kicks until you can actually see my stomach and shirt move.

I really don't know where the past 7 months have gone. Well, for 2 out of the 7 I didn't even realize I was preggers, so that leaves me with 5, and 2 more to enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yup, 2 more to enjoy then a lifetime of memories