Monday, March 13, 2006

Top 10 Reasons why I love living in the South

1. Southern style sweet iced tea. (You ain't had tea until you've had it down here, its ice-box cold as my granny would say, and syrupy sweet)

2. Warm winter days. (This past weekend I've been able to sun myself because its been in the 80s)

3. Random small talk. (People, most of the time, talk to you like they've known you for years and are always ready to offer advice)

4. Food. (Mac and cheese made with REAL cheese and milk, fried everything, mashed potatoes, and the fact that we can serve gravy with every meal)

5. Sweet iced tea.

6-10. Sweet iced tea.

Ok, so I couldn't get to 10, but these do sum up rather nicely how I feel. I usually always have something negative to say about living down here, but this weekend I was trying real hard like to come up with some of the good points to being where I am.

I guess I could add family down there too.....

It would be easier for me to find reasons why I disliked it down here, but I won't even go there. Not while I'm sipping on my sweet tea.

No comments: