Sunday, September 24, 2006

Run, Run Part II

I'm thinking more about leaving and what it means to leave and come back, and what a 'home' is and where it is. I'm staying with my parents now because the county house is not ready yet. It will probably be a good month to two months before we can get in there. Much plumbing, painting, and fixing needs to be done. I'm looking forward to that, sort of. I have huge Basquiat paintings that I was given last Xmas and I'm going to have them framed and put them in the hallway and my 'library'. Yeek! I do get a library.

This past summer I was still thinking that I was going to try and study and take my GREs this fall and try to apply for school again. In my mind I was going to be able to achieve this because babes are supposed to sleep for like 12 hours a night, and take 2 3 hour naps a day, and I wouldn't be digging myself out of sewage or refurbbing a home that hasn't been touched in 20 years. But, as I have learned--when we make plans, God shows us who the boss really is. I'm learning, I'm learning.

I do have so much that I need to do and work on in order to leave, maybe I just wasn't ready yet. When I think about the things I've gone through this year, all the sad and all the beautiful, I can see that things like school and moving are still in my future. I just have some other lerssons to learn first.

My PaPa died about 14 years ago and since that time he has often appeared to me in dreams. One of the most vivid came about a year ago. I was asking whether or not I should go to school and in the dream he showed me 2 roads. One was straight and clear and the other long and curvy and bumpy. He told me to take the long one, smiled, and nodded. Guess I'm not in for any shortcuts.

Babe is crying she wants to blog too. Or maybe its the milk she's after.

No comments: