Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Crossroads

I'm at a very intersting intersection in my life. This past year has been such a roller coaster ride of emotions, from shear elation to a sadness I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. But now I've got time to think, to really try and think about what I want to do and I never realized how hard that is. Up until this year I *knew* I wanted to get a PhD and finish my education, but now with wee Babe sometimes I'm not so sure. But then I'm left wondering where I want to go from here, if I don't get a PhD I'm sure not gonna teach full time writing at 4 year colleges, not the way things are going now. I've done the community college circuit and nothing has ever panned out because they really want PhDs even though many profess they don't, bull shit.

I also think about money now that I have wee babe. I want her to be comfortable, but I don't need to be rich in order to do that.

Too much to think about and I've got to go to class tonight and talk.

Bah.

No comments: