Saturday, February 2, 2008

Reflection Friday and No Complaining Saturday

...so...because I missed my post yesterday and because i'm sick of hearing myself complain....you get a story....

saturday nights in my house when i was a kid were most often spent looking at showtime at the apollo from 1130-1230 and then whatever was left of saturday night live after that. i remember watching the apollo back when i was way young...and its a tradition that continued up through college (or at least until i had a curfew that allowed for me to be out until past midnight, which was when i got married, yes i know). but anyways....when i was little, my dad would be up watching apollo and frying his chicken..humming along to whatever the talent was trying to sing. as i got older, i'd watch and wonder what it was like to live in NY, a place that seemed to start all of the coolest trends, and styles. then once DH and I were dating, we'd sip koolaid in my folks kitchen and watch, because remember i had to be home by midnight.

No comments: