Friday, September 30, 2005

little bit o this and little bit o that

I'm feeling heavy and tired today. Wanting badly to start my weekend and enjoy the cool weather that has settled upon us. I'm not feeling particulary motivated to really do any housework, cleaning, shopping, or reading of papers; but I do realize I've got all of that plus more to do.

I love calendars, planners, etc. They are so much a part of what I enjoy about school, being able to make a schedule, plan assignments, look into the future with the flip of a few pages and figure out what your gonna do next. The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that is not necessarily the way things go. In fact, most of the time things don't go like that at all. When I look back on things (mainly major important events) I am astounded at how little I actually had to do with the planning and implementation, sometimes the cosmos just all work together and bring you something wonderful.

I'm in countd0wn mode for a lot things right now, a new person on the way (april 06), a phd program, a move, and a new role in life. And I'm looking at all of these things and realizing that in some ways, I had very little to do with how it all came together, it just did.

No comments: