Thursday, September 29, 2005

Selling White-Ts

Have you ever met anyone who sells white-t's for a living? If not, your missing out. White-t salesfolk happen to be the most persuassive people alive, you could totally have your class do a rhetorical analysis on the use ancient rhetoric when trying to sell a white-t.

Here's just a snipet of a White-T sale conversation:

White T man: Yo, what's up man, I got some nice fresh white-ts for sale. You trying to look?

Guy: Naw, man. How you doing today? They got you scramblin'?

White T man: You know I'm living, just trying ta make a dolla, holla!

Guy: I hear that, ya family doing okie?

White T man: Don't you realize I got the freshest white-ts? You aint gone find non any better than this, nice loose fittin ones man. No tags to be scratchin up ya neck.

Guy: I hear ya, but I'm not trying to put no dough out there today.

White T man: You know dem white-ts you be getting fron Kmart? They ain't got nothing on my white-t's. Des ones is fresh mayne!

Guy: Yeah.

White T man: You know, I get des ones right from the maker. They get des joints from up in NYC. Fa real mayne, and you know dem NYC folk is gone have fresh white-ts.

Guy: Yeah, but just not today mayne. I ain't got the NYC dough.

White T man: Yeah mayne, I'm just trying to make some money mayne. I got kids you know. Three.

Guy: Oh word, I hear yah, we all trying to eat.

White T man: Yeah mayne, and the lil ones got ta eat. Thats why I like selling these white-ts

Guy: Yeah I know. (pauses) (sighs) I'll take a three pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ho the dilly o, daa da daa da daaaaaaaaaaaaa!