Sunday, October 15, 2006

'tis be the Sabbath

Tree is talking about evangelist in her post right here and I can understand this. Around here at this University we often have a man who comes out (with a TV camara and recording equipment) and he shouts about Jesus and religiion and faith and why everyone should be non-denominational and believe in Jesus. Mmmm, sounds like there is definitley a denomination in there. What pisses me off is that the whole thing is so staged, its so much of a set-up that its not funny, but I fear many students get sucked into hearing him talk and end up wasting preciscious time arguing with the dude.

Religion in my family used to be a very private matter, until my brother left the church he was raised in and turned to an entirely different religion. My parents freaked and so did my grandma. They felt like he was turning against them. The sad thing is, this whole event could have been a wonderful way for them to learn more about another way of connecting to God and being a good person, but it just turned out to be ugly. Things are better now, but my bro does worry about who will come to his wedding, if he ever finds a bride. *lol*

No comments: