Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sit and Watch.

Today I had lots to do. Appointments that needed to be scheduled. Dishes that should have been washed. Laundry, oh the laundry, I didn't know that a 10 month old made that much laundry. Floors that were sticky from babe's new found passion of 'feeding the floor' and should have been washed. But I didn't do any of this, I just decided to take some time and sit and watch babe.

Babe is now 10 months old and while she has not crawled, we've tried most everything and still try to get her on her belly and to move like we do, but she is just not interested, but what she does love to do now is to pull herself up and try to wiggle-walk.

If you've ever seen the videos or kids dancing to the song, "Walk it Out," that's what babe does. Her legs go in every which direction, but forward, and she is so happy with herself. She hates sitting now, even for a moment, she wants us to hold her hands and help her brace herself as she pushes up and then stands and tries to walk. Today I just watched her in amazement, so happy, so proud of herself, this child wants to be mobile.

Maybe she can teach me how to dance.
We sat in her room for a bit

No comments: