Sunday, September 16, 2007

inhale....exhale...

My disappearance from the blogosphere has not been intentional. As the family has moved from the ye ole south to the ye ole north for me to become a student again, we've had quite the experience. Some things I will come back to and talk about, others I won't. Not out of fear but just because I plain ole don't want to bring back yucky vibes and feelings.

Let us just say that for now we are still working on settling in. Its amazing the things you take for granted...like knowing where the music store is (and what time it closes), having a good mall, knowing where to get your groceries, knowing where the bank is, where to find cheap gas, and just overall having a place that you feel like you can call home. I'm really big on space. Maybe its because I've always had issues with space, like I never really felt at 'home' when I was at home, only when I was at my granny's house, and then when DH and I first got married and had our first apartment, that felt like home. If you peruse back through some of my posts, I also took issue with the 'home' that we built/reconstructed in the country. I had issues with being able to claim that space.

Well...that's a different story for a different day. But, we are settling into our space and trying to claim it as our own. Babe already has, every room is hers, filled with books, toys, clothes, and her new favorite things: shoes. We went shoe shopping last night with my mom (oh yeah, we came back to the south for a visit this weekend..I know...I should be back reading...but everyone needs to step away...) but anyways..we went to get shoes, her feet seem to outgrow shoes/socks about every three months. She tried to take every shoe off the shelf and hold it up to her foot. Thankfully, the people in the shoe store were really nice, it probably helped that my mom, aunt, and I were busy trying to put everything back the minute Babe would jerk it down.

Babe truly has a personality of her own. She is very bossy and sassy and I use those adjectives in the best of all possibly ways. She commands attention and knows how to express herself very well. Her vocab consists of: Papa, Dada, milly moo (milk), Big Bird, Cookie, Hi, and Bye. Its like one day something just turned on and she all of a sudden was just talking.

Like right now, the babe is calling she wants to read her Big Bird book, again. But its the best thing.

"Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." - Kevin Arnold

No comments: