Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This is what I need

Tonight I need the following:

for babe's cold to go away.
a big plate of greens and a veggie burger with sauteed onions, or a portabella mushroom burger.
a cold glass of sweet tea.
to feel confident about what i'm doing.
to have mos def and ole school marj j playing in the background.
to have a hot shower and my hair on point.
my skin well greased, not so i shine, but so i'm shinin'.
my bro and mom around.
dad in the background yelling with a cig.
the tv showing repeats of the brady bunch.

This is what I have:
a babe with a runny nose.
a bowl of nachos.
lukewarm gingerale.
anger about my power(less)ness.
wrestling moves being called from the tv.
a bath with my hair on E
pimples from stress, strech marks, and no good lotion.
no mom. no bro.
no background dad speak.
no tv.

I miss home. i miss the familiar. i miss my old routine.
i'm sad.

No comments: