Tuesday, October 2, 2007

performance

~~in one of my classes we discuss the performance of language. but it just really got me to thinking about the many performances that make up my day, both in the literal sense and this language sense. at home i perform as mother and it comes quite naturally. when i'm with babe and even when i'm not around her, i still perform as her mother. her care and well being is always in my mind. when i'm at school i perform a diverse array of roles, i'm a teacher, a student, and i guess you'd say a scholar-in-training. those roles are a bit harder for me because its been a while sense i've had to act in this manner and i've got to admit that some of this doesn't come so easy. its like i totally thought i'd trained or been in training to be a student and scholar but i was wrong.

its hard to believe that i'm like 6 weeks into the semester already. i'm starting to work on semester projects and getting approval for others. i find that if i don't think about the 'big' picture and just work on performing my small tasks things are much more manageable...for now.

No comments: