Friday, February 9, 2007

umf.

That's the sound I'm making right now. I just drank too much water and need to burp. I also need to:

bring in the laundry
pump milk
get clothes out for tomorrow
finish an application
write a proposal
respond to email
grade papers
finish a 'fun' book
get babe's toys washed
take a shower
pack babe's bag
prep food for tomorrow
clean the family room
take a shower
find some me time

umf.

I haven't posted in quite some time and its because I've been so busy and trying really hard to find a balance between my roles as mother, wife, teacher, student, and er-thing else. I've not been the most successful, but hey, I guess it really depends on how you define success. Babe is well fed and happy. We had her 9 month check up at the doctors this week, she is a nice 24 pounds, 28 inches. Its so amazing how quickly she grows. She also throws mini tantrums, the doc had a tongue depresser and she let babe hold it, when babe proceeded to try to eat said depresser doc took it away and babe threw a fit. Her fits are actually cute (and I KNOW they won't be when she's 2 or 3) but she looks at you then the object and kinda shakes her head then lets out a little yelp. We've been having to really talk about how we want to discipline her. Neither DH nor myself believe in spanking, but we also don't want to fall at the other end of the spectrum, the folks who don't believe in saying no. So, another facet of parentling enters.

I can never say that I'm bored with a babe around. Tonite my mom held her hands and she started to take small little steps. A part of me was so happy and wanting to cheer another part of me wanted to cry. She's still my babe! I just had her! She was so small and wee! Now she poops turds!

Ok, maybe too much info but I'm tired and need a shower because I need to be able to function properly tomorrow.

umf.

No comments: